When choosing a graduation gift, consider the ethical concerns of the graduate, and your own, of course. An organic gift shows that you care for the environment. Reduce your carbon footprint on the earth and make a graduate happy. It is a win/win situation.
• Learn about the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) national organic product regulations at: http://www.usorganicproducts.com/docs/BrochureinEnglish.pdf
• Purchase your gift online. Retail outlets require much more use of our resources, such as electricity, gas and transportation costs. Online retailers store their product in warehouses and ship only when something is ordered.
• If purchasing clothing or linens, buy products made with organic fabrics, such as organic cotton, hemp, linen, silk, soy or bamboo.
• Give a gift certificate to an organic store. Everybody needs to eat. Organic food can be more expensive. Your gift will be especially appreciated by vegetarians and vegans.
• A gift basket of organic bath products or cosmetics makes a delightful gift for the young woman graduating from school.
• Organic furnishings and home accessories are well made and stylish. Like many organic products, you will pay more, but the quality is exceptional and products are made to last.
• A gift certificate to a spa that uses organic products brings the gift of relaxation to your graduate.
• Wrap your gift in organic paper or even better, organic fabric, or an organic fabric gift bag that can be recycled.
Graduating Gifts for Her Graduating from an educational institution is one of the most important parts of a woman’s life, especially if their family and friends are there to witness it. As a family member or a friend you may find that it is imperative that you purchase the perfect gift for the graduating woman [...]